1. In a large skillet over high heat, heat peanut oil. When oil is hot, stir fry carrots, cabbage and mushrooms, about 2 minutes.
2. Add pepper, sugar, soy sauces and sesame oil. Fold in pork. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the cornstarch with about 3 tablespoons of water. Whisk ingredients together and stir into filling. Remove from heat and allow filling to cool.
3. Combine remaining cornstarch with water to make a thin paste. Spread out a spring roll wrapper and place1 tablespoon of filling across the bottom corner. Brush the edges of the wrapper with the cornstarch mixture to seal the wrapper.
4. Fold the two opposite edges of the wrapper over part of the filling and roll until the wrap seals. Pinch the edges together to seal.
Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
5. In a wok or heavy skillet, heat oil to 350F. Place rolls in oil and fry in batches. Turn rolls occasionally to brown evenly, about 3 minutes. Rolls should be golden and crisp. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and allow rolls to drain. Serve with dipping sauce.
Sweet and Sour Sauce
What You Need
1 cup pineapple juice
1⁄3 cup water
3 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
What To Do
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Stir until sauce thickens. Remove from stove and allow to cool. Serve with spring rolls.