1. In a soup pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 5-8 minutes or until soft and tender.
2. Add garlic and mushrooms to pot. Sauté for 8-10 minutes or until browned and juices have almost evaporated.
3. Add wine and deglaze pot scraping any browned bits off the bottom.
4. Add vegetable stock, thyme and bay leaf, let simmer for 20 min. Pour in 3 cups of almond milk, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add remaining almond milk if soup is too thick for your liking. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer soup over medium-low heat until ready to serve.
Asagio Grilled Cheese Melt
WHAT YOU NEED
2 ½ inch slices whole wheat bread
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 slices Asagio cheese, thinly sliced
Freshly ground black pepper
WHAT TO DO
1. Heat a small cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon of butter to skillet. When butter melts, place 1 slice of bread in skillet. Top with cheese and season with pepper.
2. Spread butter with second slice of bread. Place bread buttered side up on top of cheese. When underside is golden brown, about 4 minutes’ flip sandwich over and gently press down on sandwich to brown and melt cheese.
3. Cook until second side is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with mushroom soup.