1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set a side.
2. Melt butter in a medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, onions, celery and corn. Cook until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add cauliflower and bay leaf, cook about 3 to 4 minutes more.
3. Whisk in flour, and cook for about 2 minutes. Then gradually whisk in chicken broth and cream. Cook and stir constantly until soup has slightly thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 12-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. If chowder is too thick, add more chicken stock until desired consistency is reached.
5. Garnished with bacon and parsley, serve immediately.